About Jeff Gorell
Jeff Gorell is dedicated to serving our country, our state and our local communities. Since 2010, he has represented the people of Ventura County in the State Assembly, earning a reputation as an effective leader who works hard for taxpayers, small businesses and working families.
- Naval Intelligence Officer and third-generation war veteran
- Commander in the United States Navy Reserve
- Awarded the Defense Meritorious Service Medal for leadership in a combat zone during two tours in Afghanistan
- Served from 1999-2006 as a Ventura County Deputy District Attorney
- Specialized in prosecuting major narcotics and violent felony cases
- Studied law under U.S. Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy
- Teaches public policy at California Lutheran University in Thousand Oaks
- Authored new state law to freeze tuition costs at California public universities
- As Vice Chairman of the Assembly Budget Committee, Jeff has worked to cut wasteful spending, reform job-killing government bureaucracy, and reduce excessive taxes on families and small businesses
- Partnered with local employers and trades to establish a bi-partisan Economic Gold Team that brings jobs and businesses to our area
- Earned a perfect 100% score from CalTax, one of the premier taxpayer watchdog organizations and tax policy organizations
- Jeff lives in Camarillo with his wife Laura, daughter Ashley, son Jack and newly born son Steven.
Jeff now sets his sights on running for the House of Representatives in California’s 26th Congressional District. His hopes include preserving the thousands of jobs associated with the Navy Base Ventura County on a local level, as well as the ability for Americans nationally to choose their own healthcare plans.
We deserve a congressional representative who will focus on uniting the community…by placing people above parties. We need real leadership to fix our broken Congress. I have built a reputation as an independent leader capable of working across the aisle…and achieved results on the important issues facing the district.
State Assemblyman Jeff Gorell (R-Camarillo) filed his candidacy papers to run for Congress in California's 26th District and formally launched his Congressional campaign at a Community Rally and BBQ attended by over 225 local supporters. A Navy Reserve Officer and former deputy district attorney, Gorell has served in Sacramento for four years and completed two tours of duty in Afghanistan. Former U.S. Representative Elton Gallegly and Moorpark Mayor Janice Parvin led a host of community
The Jeff Gorell for Congress Committee (CD 26) today filed its first report with the Federal Elections Commission showing that Gorell raised over $133,000 in the month of December - his first month as a candidate. In just 35 days since declaring his candidacy, Gorell raised $ 132,930 from nearly 200 individual donors. No personal funds or personal loans from the candidate are included in this total. The campaign is reporting cash on hand of $130,888.
Endorse Jeff Gorell
Join Team Gorell! Stand up for Ventura County by voting for Jeff in the race for the 26th Congressional District. Pledge your support today by filling out the form below. To show our appreciation of your endorsement, we’ll list your name among our community of advocates on this site. Thank you for backing us!
Phone: (805) 910-7121 | Fax: (805) 367-4475 | firstname.lastname@example.org
1305 Del Norte Road, Suite 105
Camarillo, CA 93010
Learn more about Jeff’s mission by connecting with us on Facebook or Twitter. Use #Gorell26 to tag your campaign-related posts and tweets.
- U.S. Representative Kevin McCarthy, House Majority Whip
- U.S. Representative Ken Calvert
- U.S. Representative Paul Cook
- U.S. Representative Jeff Denham
- U.S. Representative Darrell Issa
- U.S. Representative Doug LaMalfa
- U.S. Representative Howard “Buck” McKeon, Chairman of House Armed Services Committee
- U.S. Representative Devin Nunes
- U.S. Representative Ed Royce
- U.S. Representative David Valadeo
- U.S. Representative Elton Gallegly (ret.)
- U.S. Representative Robert J. Lagomarsino (ret.)
- California’s 36th Governor Pete Wilson
- Michael Reagan
- California State Senator Tony Strickland (ret.)
- State Assemblyman Cameron Smyth (ret.)
- State Assemblyman Brooks Firestone (ret.)
- Former Director of California Dept. of Housing and Community Development Lynn L. Jacobs.
- Ventura County Treasurer Steven Hintz
- Ventura County District Attorney Michael D. Bradbury (ret.)
- Ventura County Auditor-Controller Christine Cohen (ret.)
- Ventura County Assessor Dan Goodwin
- Ventura County Supervisor Peter Foy
- Ventura County Community College Trustee Dianne McKay
- Los Angeles County Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich
- Camarillo Vice Mayor Bill Little
- Camarillo City Councilmember Mike Morgan
- Camarillo Mayor Emeritus Stan Daily
- Fillmore Mayor Pro Tem Doug Tucker
- Fillmore City Councilmember Rick Neal
- Fillmore City Councilmember Diane McCall
- Fillmore City Councilmember Steve Conaway
- Moorpark Mayor Janice Parvin
- Moorpark City Councilmember Mark Van Dam
- Former Mayor of Ojai Susan Horgan
- Oxnard City Councilmember Bryan MacDonald
- Former Oxnard City Councilmember Irene Pinkard Ed.D
- Former Oxnard City Councilmember Bedford Pinkard
- Former Oxnard City Councilmember Andres Herrera
- Former Oxnard City Councilmember Dean Maulhardt
- Port Hueneme Mayor Tony Volante (ret.)
- Port Hueneme City Councilmember Norm Griffaw
- Santa Paula Vice Mayor Jim Tovias
- Santa Paula City Councilmember Richard “Rick” Cook
- Santa Paula City Councilmember Bob Gonzales
- Simi Valley Mayor Bob Huber
- Simi Valley City Councilmember Mike Judge
- Simi Valley City Councilmember Steven Sojka
- Simi Valley City Councilmember Keith Mashburn
- Former Mayor of Thousand Oaks Dennis Gillette
- Former Mayor of Thousand Oaks Frances Prince
- Ventura City Councilmember Mike Tracy
- Ventura City Councilmember Jim Monahan
- Ventura City Councilmember Neal Andrews
- Ventura Planning Commissioner Rondi Guthrie
- Former Mayor of Ventura Sandy Smith
- Former Mayor of Westlake Village Robert “Bob” Slavin
- Casitas Municipal Water District Board Member Bill Hicks
- Conejo Recreation and Park District Board Member Susan L. Holt
- Conejo Recreation and Park District Board Member George Lange
- Conejo Valley Unified School District Board Member Patricia Phelps
- Las Virgenes School Board Member Dallas Lawrence
- President of Oxnard Parks and Recreation Commission Gloria Postel
- Former Trustee of Oxnard High School District Richard “Dick” Jaquez
- Rear Admiral Eugene Fussell, MC, USN (Ret.)
- President of Oxnard Economic Development Corporation Steven L. Kinney
- Lupe Anguiano, Founding President of Stewards of the Earth
- Gerry Ferraro Moreno, Past President of Channel Islands Republican Women Federated
- Pablo F. Ortiz, President of Oxnard Downtowners
- Tila Estrada, Oxnard Business Owner
- Sue Chadwick, Community Volunteer
- Kevin Corse, Ventura Business Owner
- Bill Winfield, Former Chairman of Ventura Chamber of Commerce
All titles used for identification purposes only.
- California Republican Assembly
- California Young Republican Federation
- Republican Party of Los Angeles County
- Ventura County Republican Party
- Ventura County Young Republicans
- Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association
- California Small Business Association
I have supported Jeff since 2010. What GREAT work he has done for our county and state and continues today. He will make an amazing Congressman and I will feel more confident in our government once Jeff Gorell reaches Washington and fights for us!
- Sheila Anderson
I firmly believe that Jeff is the right fit for Ventura County. His military, prosecutorial and education experience coupled with his experience as a representative in Sacramento provide him with the background that will lead Ventura County in Washington. His local ties are what makes him Ventura County.
- Len Newcomb
Jeff has done a great job in Sacramento and will do a great job in Washington.
- Ray Pearl
Jeff has made things happen for us in Ventura County, even working in a state legislature with a Democrat majority. His record speaks for itself. Hard to think that we could do better than having Jeff in Congress. I am so excited that he is going to Washington.
- Stephanie Ferguson
Jeff Gorell is a representative of the people and truly cares about his constituents. As a Reserve Naval Officer, he exemplifies patriotism and excellent leadership. As a political science teacher he understands how government SHOULD work. We need someone who who wants to get our country’s finances under control and do what is right for the country rather than what any party or lobbyists want. Jeff is that person and he gets my vote of confidence.
- Barbara Williams
Will definitely support you! We need a real leader representing us.
- Cathie Post
Jeff Gorell has been the consumate representative for his entire constituency as a State Assemblyman. There is no doubt he will bring the same leadership that is so desperately needed in Washington DC. He has worked hard to bring jobs and businesses to California and writing legislation to facilitate new industry and make things easier for those businesses struggling to stay open. He makes himself regularly available to hear the concerns of his constituents and has been highly innovative by developing a network of key community leaders throughout his District acting as his Ambassadors to improve the flow of information. He is a military man who knows first hand the sacrifice our service men and women and their families make in defending our nation and preserving our freedoms. He has the knowledge, skills and wisdom we want in our next Congressman in Washington and I wholeheartedly endorse his candidacy for Congress!!!
- James Vigdor
We are happy to endorse Jeff Gorell for congress.
- Mr & Mrs. Marc Srein
After looking at the possible candidates for District 26, the only choice to return common sense to federal government is Jeff Gorell.
- Erick Brockway
I endorse Jeff Gorell in his bid for US Congress.
Good luck =)
- Dennis DeYoung
President, California State University, Northridge Alumni Association
I endorse Jeff Gorell for California’s 26th Congressional District.
- Derek D. Milan
Proud to endorse Jeff and looking forward to helping with his campaign along with the rest of Channel Islands College Republicans!
- Tyler Plaza
I endorse Jeff.
- Michael Richards
You’ve got my vote Jeff! Best of luck!
- Sandra Burkhart
I enthusiastically endorse Jeff Gorell.
- Sean L. Leonard
I have known Jeff personally and professionally since 2002. I supported him in 2003 during his first run for the State Assembly. I was impressed with his demeanor both during and after that unsuccessful bid for office. As a member of the law enforcement community, I trusted Jeff’s instincts and drive as a prosecutor with the District Attorney’s Office. I respect have for his military service. Jeff is a principled man of action that will get the job done.
- David Tennessen
Chief Deputy (ret), Ventura County Sheriff’s Office
I am honored and excited about having Jeff Gorell in Congress. He has accomplished more in his 3 years in Sacramento than the last 10 Assembly members combined. Jeff proves he works with all parties, he does what is right for our county and state, not what is easy. He will continue to attain difficult accomplishments and he is the warrior we need in DC. I whole heartedly endorse Jeff Gorell for Congress as the Past President of the Conejo Valley Republican Women Federated.
- Tamara Howard
All titles used for identification purposes only.